I could now rewrite the article from HTML to enriched I, but since the backend that I am writing produces article from HTML pages I wanted to change as little as possible, in order to avoid shooting my feet. Isn't there a way to tell gnus: When you (gnus) interpret text/html use the italic face for everything within (This is the common quoting syntax on that message board, which gets its backend now)?. Arnd -- Arnd Kohrs - kohrs@acm.org - http://www.eurecom.fr/~kohrs The Active WebMuseum: Your personalized access to art paintings. Visit now -> http://www.eurecom.fr/~kohrs/museum.html