From: Eric Hendrickson <edh@lenti.med.umn.edu>
Subject: Re: MIME in Red Gnus, and picons, yes, its two in one =)
Date: 29 Oct 1996 17:06:35 -0600	[thread overview]

Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:

> (when (and (string-match "XEmacs\\|Lucid" emacs-version)
>            (equal (console-type) 'x))
>   ; Picons initialization
> )

Would checking the console-type work for Gnus' gnus-add-configuration?
I played with that a bit without success...  I start up Gnus in a tty
XEmacs within screen, and then start up X frames from that.  This
allows me to read my mail on my X display at work or recover my screen
and access my running XEmacs/gnus from anywhere else.  Except that the
tty Gnus gets the gnus-add-configuration that is designed for a big X
display, like so:

(gnus-add-configuration
 '(article
   (horizontal 1.0
	       (vertical 0.5
			 (group 0.25)
			 (summary 1.0 point))
	       (vertical 1.0
			 (picons 5)
			 (article 1.0)))))

which is....  undesirable on the tty Emacs.  Is there a way to have
different gnus-add-configurations in force depending on the console
type?  The answer (and gnus-add-configuration itself) is not clear to
me from reading that section of the manual...  :(

Thanks for any suggestions!
		Eric
--
The best definition of a gentleman is a man who can play the accordion --
but doesn't.