From: Peter.Weiss@Class.de
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Gnus 5.8.8 and gnus-summary-line-format (%f)
Date: 19 Jan 2001 15:54:00 +0100	[thread overview]

ZSH> Peter.Weiss@Class.de writes:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> having upgraded to version 5.8.8 I also fiddled a little around with
>> gnus-summary-line-format:
>>

>> (setq gnus-extra-headers               '(To Newsgroups)
>> nnmail-extra-headers             gnus-extra-headers
>> gnus-summary-line-format         "%U%R%z%I%(%[%4L: %-20,20f%]%) %s\n"
>> ;; well, that's not the best but works for all environments:
>> gnus-ignored-from-addresses      (concat user-mail-address ".*"))
>>
>> The thing that this setting doesn't match is %f formatstring, when using
>> another "From:" header for my own address.
>>
>> Is there way to force the formatting to use the "To:" field instead the
>> "From:" field for some special groups, even when the From: header differs
>> from my own address?

ZSH> You miss one step, rebuilding the NOV databases.  If you are using
ZSH> nnml, `M-x nnml-generate-nov-databases RET' does it.

Hello,

    thanks for the quick answer, but sorry, this doesn't work. This copy of
    a summary buffer shows the situation before and after setting the "From"
    header in that nnfolder+archive group:

!  [  22: -> ding@gnus.org    ] Summary Line based on folder type
!  [  29: Peter.Weiss@Class.de] Gnus 5.8.8 and gnus-summary-line-format (%f)

    Of course I prefer the first one.

       Peter

--
Peter Weiss

CLASS Firmengruppe           phone  +49 (0)8151 / 991 - 0
Moosstrasse 7                fax    +49 (0)8151 / 991 - 229
D-82319 Starnberg            mobil  0172/ 83 79 125
http://www.class.de          mailto:Peter.Weiss@Class.de