* Re:  Problem with nnvirtual in 0.72?
@ 1996-12-03  2:24 St. Suika Fenderson Roberts
From: St. Suika Fenderson Roberts @ 1996-12-03  2:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Unfortunately after I upgraded to 0.72 I found that after reading all of
> the articles in the group and calling gnus-group-get-new-news the unread
> article count would be some large number

I experienced the same thing, and haven't said anything since my site still
hasn't upgraded from 19.29, and I couldn't be sure if that wasn't the problem.

Since it didn't happen in 0.70 we know aproximately where to look, but I haven't
even tried.  Too much school.

	Suika
--
		wrobert2@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
"The dew fell with a particularly sickening thud this morning."

* Re: Problem with nnvirtual in 0.72?
@ 1996-12-10 18:46 St. Suika Fenderson Roberts
From: St. Suika Fenderson Roberts @ 1996-12-10 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't think this problem is in nnvirtual, for the simple reason that
nnvirtual worked in 0.70 and didn't in 0.72, and no changes were made to
_it_ in that span.

It just seems to be loosing marks.  I haven't run catchup on any of my
groups where I've noticed this, but I do read them to the end,
generally.  When one leaves an article or two it seems to prevent/lessen
the number of article marks that get lost.

At least it isn't loosing ! marks too often ^_^

hope this helps,
	Suika (who munged up a functional `update dribble buffer'
function ^_^ )
--
		wrobert2@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
        I am Carl of Borg.  Macross has been assimilated.

* Problem with nnvirtual in 0.72?
@ 1996-12-02 22:48 Jason L Tibbitts III
From: Jason L Tibbitts III @ 1996-12-02 22:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've recently started using nnvirtual to bring together several low traffic
groups from a couple of different servers.  I can't believe I didn't start
using it earlier.

Unfortunately after I upgraded to 0.72 I found that after reading all of
the articles in the group and calling gnus-group-get-new-news the unread
article count would be some large number (like 1300, I assume the sum of
(max - min article) for each group).  It seems that it's losing the list of
read articles, even though a long list shows up in the group info.

Has anyone seen this?  I'm not submitting this as a bug report because I
could be screwing something up and since I don't really know where to start
looking it would be a pretty pitiful bug report.
--
      Jason L. Tibbitts III - tibbs@uh.edu - 713/743-8684 - 221SR1
System Manager:  University of Houston High Performance Computing Center