Ted Zlatanov writes: > On Tue, 25 Feb 2003, dmaze@MIT.EDU wrote: >> Could you also make the parallel change with spam-stat-load? It >> could be added to perhaps gnus-get-new-news-hook, and then removed >> from spam-split. (A little tricky; you want to make sure it's >> loaded when Gnus is first started, but don't want to lose updated >> data when you rescan groups.) > > Oh, I see the problem. Sorry! Fixed, I moved spam-stat-load to > gnus-get-new-news-hook as you suggested. Well, the good news: Gnus no longer takes multiple seconds per message to read mail. :-) The bad news, part 1, is that this only works if spam-use-stat is defined before spam.el is loaded. (So if you (require 'spam) at the top of your .gnus, say, you lose.) This patch fixes that: