* inverse of M-d gnus-summary-mark-as-spam
@ 2005-10-10  1:06 Sam Steingold
From: Sam Steingold @ 2005-10-10  1:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

how do I undo the effects of M-d (gnus-summary-mark-as-spam)?
M P U (gnus-summary-unmark-all-processable) does not do that.

<http://www.dhimmi.com/> <http://www.savegushkatif.org>
<http://www.jihadwatch.org/> <http://www.memri.org/>
Flying is not dangerous; crashing is.

* Re: inverse of M-d gnus-summary-mark-as-spam
@ 2005-10-10  7:50 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-10-10  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Oct 10 2005, Sam Steingold wrote:

> how do I undo the effects of M-d (gnus-summary-mark-as-spam)?
> M P U (gnus-summary-unmark-all-processable) does not do that.

You may use e.g. `d', `!', `?' to convert the spam-mark into a
ham-mark.  Actually it's in the manual, but probably we should mention
this prominently on the first page (info "(gnus)Filtering Spam Using
The Spam ELisp Package").

,----[ (info "(gnus)Spam ELisp Package Global Variables") ]
|    Messages may also be deleted in various other ways, and unless
| `ham-marks' group parameter gets overridden below, marks `R' and `r'
| for default read or explicit delete, marks `X' and `K' for automatic or
| explicit kills, as well as mark `Y' for low scores, are all considered
| to be associated with articles which are not spam.  This assumption
| might be false, in particular if you use kill files or score files as
| means for detecting genuine spam, you should then adjust the
| `ham-marks' group parameter.
|
|  -- Variable: ham-marks
|      You can customize this group or topic parameter to be the list of
|      marks you want to consider ham.  By default, the list contains the
|      deleted, read, killed, kill-filed, and low-score marks (the idea is
|      that these articles have been read, but are not spam).  It can be
|      useful to also include the tick mark in the ham marks.  It is not
|      recommended to make the unread mark a ham mark, because it normally
|      indicates a lack of classification.  But you can do it, and we'll
|      be happy for you.
|
|  -- Variable: spam-marks
|      You can customize this group or topic parameter to be the list of
|      marks you want to consider spam.  By default, the list contains
|      only the spam mark.  It is not recommended to change that, but you
|      can if you really want to.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: inverse of M-d gnus-summary-mark-as-spam
@ 2005-10-10 17:54 ` David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2005-10-10 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sam Steingold <sds@gnu.org> writes:

> how do I undo the effects of M-d (gnus-summary-mark-as-spam)?
> M P U (gnus-summary-unmark-all-processable) does not do that.

It's just a mark, so e.g. 'M SPC' or 'd' will change the mark to no
mark or read, respectively.

  --dzm

* Re: inverse of M-d gnus-summary-mark-as-spam
@ 2005-10-13 17:39   ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2005-10-13 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10 Oct 2005, reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc wrote:

On Mon, Oct 10 2005, Sam Steingold wrote:

>> how do I undo the effects of M-d (gnus-summary-mark-as-spam)?
>> M P U (gnus-summary-unmark-all-processable) does not do that.
>
> You may use e.g. `d', `!', `?' to convert the spam-mark into a
> ham-mark.  Actually it's in the manual, but probably we should mention
> this prominently on the first page (info "(gnus)Filtering Spam Using
> The Spam ELisp Package").

I should mention it's really tri-state (ham, spam, neither) as well.
When I have free time I'll work on this.

Ted