* Reading mail with GNUS and other mail clients
@ 2002-11-21 10:59 Jose Romildo Malaquias
From: Jose Romildo Malaquias @ 2002-11-21 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: romildo

Hello.

I am new to gnus (although I am a regular Emacs user)
and before I decide to adopt it as my main mail client,
I would like to clarify the following point.

In my Linux box, I use fetchmail for fetching email
messages from my provider, and procmail to deliver
it to different mailboxes (under $HOME/Mail) according
to a set of (procmail) rules.

Is it possible to have gnus *and* other email clients to
read the email messages in the different mailboxes, in a
consistent way? Up to now my preferred mail reader
is mutt, so I will not give up of it just now. I intend to
start using gnus, but occasionaly still use mutt (or
any other email client, for the matter). By consistent
I mean new messages first read in gnus will be seen as
read (not new) in mutt, and vice-versa.

Please, comment on this issue.

Regards,

Romildo