From: David Z Maze <dmaze@MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: Splitting outgoing mail, possible?
Date: 01 Nov 2000 08:23:03 -0500	[thread overview]

Jonas Steverud <d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se> writes:
JS> "David Z. Maze" <dmaze@MIT.EDU> writes:
 DZM> Jonas Steverud <d4jonas@dtek.chalmers.se> writes:
  JS> What I was looking for is quite clearly stated in the subject; can I
  JS> get Gnus to send the outgoing mail through the splitting engine? I
  JS> could add a Cc:-line but I don't find that solution to be very
  JS> pretty. Sounds like a kludge to me. Any ideas?
 DZM>
 DZM> I have, among other things, the following in my Gnus setup:
 DZM>
 DZM> (setq message-required-mail-headers
 DZM>       (nconc message-required-mail-headers
 DZM>              (list '(Bcc . user-mail-address))
 DZM>              (list '(X-Attribution . "DZM"))))
JS>
JS> What version of Gnus does you run? I use 5.8.7 and Bcc is not
JS> generated. If I have (list '(X-Attribution . "JSD")) the header is
JS> added but if I have (list '(X-Attribution . user-mail-address)) it is
JS> not added. Bug or feature?
JS>
JS> BTW, what is X-Attribution used for?

Hmm, I use Gnus 5.8.7 and this all works fine for me.  Note that there
are two things added to message-required-mail-headers, a Bcc entry and
an X-Attribution entry.  It also might be worth noting that I set
these up in an init file that gets read before I start Gnus; not sure
if this is actually important.  Also, the 'list' calls seem a little
redundant at this point, but I probably wrote that in a more
Scheme-happy day.

X-Attribution is used by Supercite.  If it's present in a message
being replied to, its contents are used as the default citation.  (One
of these days, I'll dive in and fix Supercite to DWIW...)

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell