David Z Maze writes: > nnrss is this neat theoretical concept for me, but I've never quite > gotten it working (including through the 5.10.x series, so I'll ask > the newsgroup). I'm running current CVS Gnus. If I try to subscribe > to an RSS group, this happens: > > G R http://donut.mit.edu/blog/index.rss > (*Gnus churns for a bit, prodding donut*) > Title: blog.donut > Description: blog.donut > No such newsgroup: nnrss:blog.donut So after much hacking, I finally found out that the root of my problems is that the RSS feed declares but nnrss-get-namespace-prefix was returning a prefix of ":" when looking for "http://purl.org/rss/1.0/" as an XML namespace; it should have returned "". It turns out that you can have two distinct empty elisp strings that are equal but not eq, so: