Hi there, I've long been frustrated by GnuPG decryption not working from Gnus. (It just wouldn't accept the passphrase I entered.) I finally tracked down the reasons for it: pgg-gpg runs gpg with --command-fd, and then dumps the data to be decryped its way. The problem is that gpg (1.4.7) doesn't buffer the data: After it's received enough lines, it asks for the passphrase. If the data is sufficiently large, this will be before the end of the data. However, pgg-gpg merrily throws more data at it---which won't wash as a passphrase. (This is really a GnuPG problem at its heart, I believe.) Also because of this, the handling of the pending status list doesn't work. Moreover, for me, gpg exits abnormally even when it's done its job right. I've included an abominable fix, which sends the data line-by-line, and, of course, slows everything down. But at least it works for decryption. Suggestions for improvement welcome. -- Cheers =8-} Mike Friede, Völkerverständigung und überhaupt blabla