* Sendmail config for nognus 0.13?
@ 2011-02-24  0:15 Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2011-02-24  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello (again) world,

I upgraded to nognus 0.13 today. I don't think I've upgraded since '08
but I'm happy to report that everything seems just fine. Well. Mostly.

Sending mail seemed to be trying really hard to use
/Application/Mail.app. Like that was going to work.

I had configured the sendmail-program in .gnus:

  (setq sendmail-program "/usr/local/exim/bin/exim")

But apparently that wasn't sufficient for gnus-agent in 0.13. After
some random poking about, I concluded that adding

  (setq gnus-agent-send-mail-function 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail)
  (setq message-send-mail-real-function 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail)

would fix things, but that hardly seems like the best way. What
should I have done?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | From a programmer's point of view, the
http://nwalsh.com/            | user is a peripheral that types when
                              | you issue a read request.--P. Williams

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 186 bytes --]

* Re: Sendmail config for nognus 0.13?
@ 2011-02-24  7:55 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2011-02-24  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> But apparently that wasn't sufficient for gnus-agent in 0.13. After
> some random poking about, I concluded that adding

>   (setq gnus-agent-send-mail-function 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail)
>   (setq message-send-mail-real-function 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail)

> would fix things, but that hardly seems like the best way. What should
> I have done?

I have
   (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
and it seems to be working on no gnus

So setting
   (setq message-send-mail-function 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail)
might do the trick...?

* Re: Sendmail config for nognus 0.13?
@ 2011-02-25  3:28 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-02-25  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

>   (setq gnus-agent-send-mail-function 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail)
>   (setq message-send-mail-real-function 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail)
>
> would fix things, but that hardly seems like the best way. What
> should I have done?

Like Steinar said, `message-send-mail-function' is the function that
controls this.  What did it default to for you?