* movemail dies on me.
@ 2003-08-27  8:00 Gaute B Strokkenes
From: Gaute B Strokkenes @ 2003-08-27  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

For some time now, I have occasionally had to deal with queries like
this:

  movemail:  (Drept return).  Continue? (yes or no)

popping up in my minibuffer when I hit `g' in the group buffer.
("Drept" is Norwegian for "killed".)  It doesn't happen every time,
just often enough to be severly annoying.  It seems that movemail
always dies _after_ it has done its job (moving everything from
/var/mail/gs234 to ~/.emacs-mail-crash-box,) so this is no more than
an annoyance.

Unfortunately I'm finding this rather hard to debug.  movemail is
suid so that it can manipulate my mail spool, and the intermittent
nature doesn't help either.  Is anyone else seeing this?

--
Gaute Strokkenes                        http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
I just bought FLATBUSH from MICKEY MANTLE!