From: Ted Stern <stern@tera.com>
Subject: "A T" doesn't work with nnfolder
Date: 17 Nov 1999 15:51:17 -0800	[thread overview]

A T (i.e., gnus-summary-refer-thread) doesn't work with nnfolder, at least the
way I have it set up.  I get this error when I enter A T while sitting on a
message in a completely visible thread:

  Signaling: (error "Can't fetch thread from backends that don't support NOV")
    signal(error ("Can't fetch thread from backends that don't support NOV"))
    error("Can't fetch thread from backends that don't support NOV")
    gnus-summary-refer-thread(nil)
    call-interactively(gnus-summary-refer-thread)

For reading mail, I have in .gnus

        (require 'nnmail)
        (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '((nnfolder "private")))

among other things.  I would prefer not to have to convert all my mail groups
to nnml or whatever to be able to travel back in threads ... any ideas?

Incidentally, all the other troubles I had after converting to the CVS version
went away once I realize that I had somehow removed pgnus from my load path,
so I had actually reverted to Gnus 5.5 (D'oh!).  Funny, that information would
have been in my mail headers, and nobody commented on it.  Tsk.

Ted
--
 Tera Computer Company                                   http://www.tera.com
 411 First Avenue South, Suite 600        Direct 206/701-2182, Main 701-2000