Sorry folks, I know the answer to this one, but I lack the elisp to implement it. I recently subscribed to a mailing list on eGroups and elected to receive notices in digested form. The individual messages are separated by double lines of underscores, which seems like a good convention, unlikely to be found in ordinary emails. Since digest formats seem mostly the same except for the choice of message separator, perhaps there should be some sort of digest template one could use to make that one-item change. -- Ted Stern Analysis/Porting/Tuning, Engineering Applications Cray Inc. http://www.cray.com 411 First Avenue South, Suite 600 Direct 206-701-2182, Main 206-701-2000 Seattle, WA 98104-2860 FAX 206-701-2500