* Converting from nnfolder to imap
@ 2003-10-27 18:20 Ted Stern
From: Ted Stern @ 2003-10-27 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Our sysadmins have informed me that due to /var/spool/mail and home
directories being NFS mounted, there is no guarantee that movemail will lock
files correctly.  I suppose since I usually wait for some xbiff equivalent to
notify me of new mail that I've been lucky up to now that I haven't lost mail.

The only officially sanctioned method of mail access now is imap.

I suppose after 5+ years of nnfolder+private I can deal with moving my INBOX
to nnimap using 'B c', but what about my 66 nnfolder groups in the form

   mail.something.spool
   lists.something.spool
   people.something.spool

that are managed by procmail and are current read in using mail-source
directory?  It doesn't appear that there is an imap-as-pop equivalent that
would read spool files the same way.

Ted
--
 Ted Stern                                 Applications Group
 Cray Inc.                               office: 206-701-2182

 Frango ut patefaciam -- I break that I may reveal
 (The Paleontological Society motto, equally apropos for debugging)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-10-27 18:20 UTC | newest]