* Re: HSV summary buffer coloring
       [not found] <x74t7h3wwx.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
@ 1997-09-19 20:12 ` Scott Blachowicz
       [not found]   ` <x7202l3uvc.fsf@peorth.gweep.net>
From: Scott Blachowicz @ 1997-09-19 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stainless Steel Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net> wrote:

> Is there a sane method of converting between RGB and HSV
> color representations?

Well...some of the graphics text books seem to think so.  Also, I've written
some back & forth convert functions between them (in the S language that is
in our S-PLUS product, so not immediately useable for this task).  If you
can find an online version of something like the "Graphics Gems" books,
there's probably something in there.  If all else fails, I could translate
what I've written into elisp, but I don't have a lot of time at the moment...

Scott Blachowicz  Ph: 206/283-8802x240   Mathsoft (Data Analysis Products Div)
                                         1700 Westlake Ave N #500
scott@statsci.com                        Seattle, WA USA   98109
Scott.Blachowicz@seaslug.org

@ 1997-09-19 23:39     ` Matt Simmons
From: Matt Simmons @ 1997-09-19 23:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stainless Steel Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net> writes:
> And I have found several.  One that has formulae for various RGB
> transformations is at
> <URL:http://www.wmin.ac.uk/ITGR/docs/coloureq/COL_23.htm#topic22>
                               \/
Actually, it's:                /\
  <URL:http://www.wmin.ac.uk/ITRG/docs/coloureq/COL_23.htm#topic22>

Matt

--
     Matt Simmons  -  simmonmt@acm.org  -  http://www.netcom.com/~simmonmt
	    If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?