* mail-parse.el -- a stub library
@ 1998-09-12  4:37 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-09-12  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

("Stub"?  Uhm.  Does that mean what I think it means.)

Anyway, I've made a mail-parse.el that contains nothing but aliases to
functions in low-level libraries.

So one can now call `mail-header-parse-content-type' which is now an
alias for `rfc2231-parse-string'.  If this is later superseded by some
other standard, one can just write a now low-level library and adjust
the aliases in mail-parse.  And, presto!, anyone who uses
`mail-header-parse-content-type' will now be compliant with the newer
standard.

The low-level library interfaces will have to remain the same, though,
I guess.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: mail-parse.el -- a stub library
@ 1998-09-13  6:56 ` Matt Simmons
From: Matt Simmons @ 1998-09-13  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Lars> ("Stub"?  Uhm.  Does that mean what I think it means.)

Well, in one interpretation, it could mean what would've happened if
the cigar had broken.  I wonder if that could cause cancer?

And who says American politics is boring? =(

Matt

--
     Matt Simmons  -  simmonmt@acm.org  -  http://www.netcom.com/~simmonmt
      The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the