From: Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@debian.org>
Subject: [Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@tripnet.se>] Re: problem with sending mail in pgnus 0.9[23]
Date: 10 Jul 1999 20:05:09 +0200	[thread overview]

[Sorry lars, I should have sent this to the list instead of to you only]

    Lars> Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@tripnet.se> writes:
    >> insert("Ispell" ": " t "\n") (save-excursion
    >> (message-remove-header "Ispell") (message-goto-eoh) (insert
    >> "Ispell" ": " t "\n")) (lambda nil (save-excursion
    >> (message-remove-header "Ispell") (message-goto-eoh) (insert
    >> "Ispell" "$ run-hooks(message-setup-hook)

    Lars> This is run from a hook.  Is it a function you're written
    Lars> yourself, or one generated by Gnus?

This is the hook that i have for 'message-setup-hook'. Doesn't matter
if I disable it or not, same thing.

The reason that I must remove the sig here (but have one in the
resulting mail) is that it is PGP signed, and I always get PGP
checksum mismatch (or something like this) when the mail is
received if the sig is added after the signing.

The sig is inserted again when I do 'message-send-and-exit' but
BEFORE it is signed...

BTW, how far have the PGnus PGP stuff got? Can i remove the TM
hooks yet?

----- s n i p -----
(add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'turbo/message-setup-hook)
(defun turbo/message-setup-hook ()
  "Setup a message buffer, by checking if it's a reply to
a message, and then remove the sender's signature etc (so that
we don't have to do that our self).

Also make sure that this message gets automaticly PGP signed,
signature, spook and Yow inserted when we send of the message."
  ;; Remove the signature...
  (if (message-goto-signature)
      (let nil
        (beginning-of-line)
        (forward-line -2)
        (let ((beg (point)))
          ;; We really need to find the end of the sig...
          (goto-char (point-max))
          (delete-region beg (point)))))

  ;; Make sure that this message get's a attached PGP
  ;; signature... (code stolen from 'tm/tm-edit.el')
  (if (and (or mime-editor/signing-type turbo/process-pgp)
           (not pgnusp))
      (progn
        (setq mime-editor/pgp-processing 'sign)
        (message "This message will be signed.")
        )
    (message "Please specify signing type.")))
--
strategic domestic disruption spy [Hello to all my fans in domestic
surveillance] genetic Rule Psix FBI colonel $400 million in gold