* Forgetful me: return buffer for retrieve-headers
@ 1995-12-15  3:41 John McClary Prevost
From: John McClary Prevost @ 1995-12-15  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I knew I was going to forget something.  How well do Gnus' internals
deal with getting less than the expected number of article headers
from retrieve-headers?  It's not considered an error in IMAP, you just
don't get any data for the non-existant articles.

John.

* Re: Forgetful me: return buffer for retrieve-headers
@ 1995-12-15 19:14 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1995-12-15 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

visigoth@olivier.pc.cs.cmu.edu (John McClary Prevost) writes:

> How well do Gnus' internals deal with getting less than the expected
> number of article headers from retrieve-headers?

If Gnus requests the headers for article x and doesn't receive them,
it will consider article x to be unavailable (canceled or expired).
In any case, Gnus doesn't mind getting back less headers than it
requested.

--
Home is where the cat is.