* Re: LUGM99
@ 1999-07-15 21:42 ` wmperry
From: wmperry @ 1999-07-15 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I was thinking about going to LUGM (Lisp User Group Meeting) 99 in San
> Francisco, Oct. 10-13.  Anybody else here going?  Anybody been at
> these things before?
>
> Guy Steele is the keynote speaker, so that sounds OK, at least.  And
> that's all the schedule they have up at their site now.  :-)

As long as you are going to be in the states, you should make the grand
tour!  Come to seattle, new york, etc.

-bp

* Re: LUGM99
@ 1999-07-15 22:45     ` wmperry
From: wmperry @ 1999-07-15 22:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

David Hedbor <david@hedbor.org> writes:

> wmperry@aventail.com writes:
>
> > Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
> >
> > > I was thinking about going to LUGM (Lisp User Group Meeting) 99 in San
> > > Francisco, Oct. 10-13.  Anybody else here going?  Anybody been at
> > > these things before?
> > >
> > > Guy Steele is the keynote speaker, so that sounds OK, at least.  And
> > > that's all the schedule they have up at their site now.  :-)
> >
> > As long as you are going to be in the states, you should make the grand
> > tour!  Come to seattle, new york, etc.
>
> Could be fun I'spose. Of course traveling around the country isn't free
> either. For example a flight from SF to Seattle would probably be around
> $200 or so.

Nah... we get them for less than that all the time for our developer that
lives down there. :)

-bp

* LUGM99
@ 1999-07-15 22:58 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-07-15 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was thinking about going to LUGM (Lisp User Group Meeting) 99 in San
Francisco, Oct. 10-13.  Anybody else here going?  Anybody been at
these things before?

Guy Steele is the keynote speaker, so that sounds OK, at least.  And
that's all the schedule they have up at their site now.  :-)

<URL:http://www.franz.com/lugm99/conference/index.html>

* Re: LUGM99
@ 1999-07-15 23:36 ` Lars Balker Rasmussen
From: Lars Balker Rasmussen @ 1999-07-15 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I was thinking about going to LUGM (Lisp User Group Meeting) 99 in San
> Francisco, Oct. 10-13.  Anybody else here going?

I appear to be *one* stinking trip to Sweden away from being able to pay
for a return ticket as far as Seattle with SAS Eurobonus-points.  Oh
well... (Hey, an excuse to go to Disneyland is an excuse to go to
Disneyland.)  (And, I want to be able to buy my own appartment this
year...  Yeah, I might just have those 110 hours of overtime paid out in
full.)
--
Lars Balker Rasmussen, Software Engineer, Mjolner Informatics ApS
lbr@mjolner.dk

* Re: LUGM99
@ 1999-07-16  0:19   ` David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 1999-07-16  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

wmperry@aventail.com writes:

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>
> > I was thinking about going to LUGM (Lisp User Group Meeting) 99 in San
> > Francisco, Oct. 10-13.  Anybody else here going?  Anybody been at
> > these things before?
> >
> > Guy Steele is the keynote speaker, so that sounds OK, at least.  And
> > that's all the schedule they have up at their site now.  :-)
>
> As long as you are going to be in the states, you should make the grand
> tour!  Come to seattle, new york, etc.

Could be fun I'spose. Of course traveling around the country isn't
free either. For example a flight from SF to Seattle would probably be
around $200 or so.

/ Swede living in Seattle

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
To err is human, but I can REALLY foul things up.

* Re: LUGM99
@ 1999-07-16  3:01     ` Dave Thomas
From: Dave Thomas @ 1999-07-16  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Hedbor <david@hedbor.org> writes:

> Could be fun I'spose. Of course traveling around the country isn't
> free either. For example a flight from SF to Seattle would probably be
> around $200 or so.

If you're coming from abroad, there used to be a fare called VUSA
(Visit USA), which gave you three internal flights for something like
$150. Of course, that's probably all changed, but there might be
something comparable.

Dave

* Re: LUGM99
@ 1999-07-16 15:30 ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 1999-07-16 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars> I was thinking about going to LUGM (Lisp User Group Meeting) 99
Lars> in San Francisco, Oct. 10-13.  Anybody else here going?  Anybody
Lars> been at these things before?

Of course, I'm tempted to drive to SF (I'm about 2 hours away) just to
buy you a beer if you come ;-)

--
"Ninjas aren't dangerous.  They're more afraid of you than you are of them."

* Re: LUGM99
@ 1999-07-19 18:30   ` Danny Siu
From: Danny Siu @ 1999-07-19 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wes Hardaker writes:

  Lars> I was thinking about going to LUGM (Lisp User Group Meeting) 99 in
  Lars> San Francisco, Oct. 10-13.  Anybody else here going?  Anybody been
  Lars> at these things before?

  Wes> Of course, I'm tempted to drive to SF (I'm about 2 hours away) just
  Wes> to buy you a beer if you come ;-)

Let's have a beer bash!  We can invite all the Gnus users living close to
San Francisco (ppl from all over the world can join if beer means so much)
;-)

We all wear the Gnus cap and Gnus t-shirt (were there Gnus pants?) that
night of course.

Wes, Davis is really not that far aways from SF!

--
Danny Dick-Fung Siu        mailto:dsiu@adobe.com
Acrobat Engineering @ Adobe Systems Incorporated

* Re: LUGM99
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-08-27 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Danny Siu <dsiu@Adobe.COM> writes:

>   Wes> Of course, I'm tempted to drive to SF (I'm about 2 hours away) just
>   Wes> to buy you a beer if you come ;-)
>
> Let's have a beer bash!  We can invite all the Gnus users living close to
> San Francisco (ppl from all over the world can join if beer means so much)
> ;-)

:-)