* Gnus for XEmacs Under Windows
@ 2001-03-13  2:53 Taso N. Devetzis
From: Taso N. Devetzis @ 2001-03-13  2:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Pardon me if this is a common question, but I searched the archives
and came up empty-handed.

I am attempting to install Oort Gnus on my Windows 98 machine under
XEmacs 21.1.x.  I have found the make.bat and xemacs.mak files in the
distribution; the former seems kludgy and specific to emacs, the
latter seems to require some sort of Micro$oft product (nmake).

I have found the XEmacs "package" format most excellent for this sort
of thing, although I must confess I don't know much about it.  So,
before rolling my own:

1. Is there a XEmacs package format of the Gnus releases somewhere (I
   mean the new ones, not the ancient releases under the XEmacs install
   tree)?

2. Is there an automatic way to create a package from the distribution
   (nothing springs at me from the makefile)?

3. What do others do (aside from avoiding windows like the plague that
   it is)?

Thanks.

/taso