* Contributor section
@ 1999-07-05  3:42 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-07-05  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Er, wouldn't it be kinda more cool if all the names in this section
were written like they are supposed to be written?  Like, "守岡 知彦"
instead of/in addition to "Morioka Tomohiko", and so on?

Would the texinfo tools even allow that, I wonder?

* Re: Contributor section
@ 1999-07-05  6:40 ` Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 1999-07-05  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Er, wouldn't it be kinda more cool if all the names in this section
> were written like they are supposed to be written?  Like, "守岡 知彦"
> instead of/in addition to "Morioka Tomohiko", and so on?

> Would the texinfo tools even allow that, I wonder?

Probably not, at least for the printed version... in order to do stuff
like that in TeX normally, you have to use CJKV or some similar large
package, and most of the ones I'm familiar with and that seem widely
available are LaTeX-only (and I think texinfo is built directly off TeX).

--
Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)         <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

* Re: Contributor section
@ 1999-07-05 12:18 ` Mike Fabian
From: Mike Fabian @ 1999-07-05 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars> Er, wouldn't it be kinda more cool if all the names in this
Lars> section were written like they are supposed to be written?
Lars> Like, "守岡 知彦" instead of/in addition to "Morioka Tomohiko",
Lars> and so on?

Lars> Would the texinfo tools even allow that, I wonder?

I think it  is possible, but you need special  Japanese versions to do
that.

Keisuke  Nishida's has  written  a nice  interface  to access  various
dictionaries from  GNU/X-Emacs.  It is called `lookup'  and comes with
texinfo documentation written in Japanese.

I tried  it yesterday and found  that I couldn't produce  the .dvi and
.ps  output with  my `normal'  TeX-installation. According  to Keisuke
San's  README  `ptex'  is needed  to  compile.  I  think `ptex'  is  a
japanized version of TeX.

I  couldn't even produce  the .info  files with  the `makeinfo'  I had
installed.  Probably a  Japanized version  of `makeinfo'  is necessary
too.

But at least M-x texinfo-format-buffer (used from XEmacs 21.1) worked
and did produce readable .info files.

Mike

--
Mike Fabian   <mike.fabian@gmx.de>

* Re: Contributor section
@ 1999-07-06  3:55   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-07-06  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Fabian <mike.fabian@it-mannesmann.de> writes:

> I tried  it yesterday and found  that I couldn't produce  the .dvi and
> .ps  output with  my `normal'  TeX-installation. According  to Keisuke
> San's  README  `ptex'  is needed  to  compile.  I  think `ptex'  is  a
> japanized version of TeX.

Right.  *sigh*  I'll skip that idea, then.