* nnrss Date: string
@ 2004-03-23 15:42 Andrew A. Raines
From: Andrew A. Raines @ 2004-03-23 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Apparently gnus-sum doesn't like nnrss' Date: string:

   Date: 2004-03-23T15:05:56+00:00

because I get the default ``991231'' date in the summary buffer for
every nnrss group.  Should nnrss conform, or gnus-sum adapt?  It'd
be nice if the date field was useful in nnrss groups.

--
    aaraines@pobox.com (Andrew A. Raines)

* Re: nnrss Date: string
@ 2004-03-23 23:21 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2004-03-23 23:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Andrew A. Raines" <aaraines@pobox.com> writes:

> Apparently gnus-sum doesn't like nnrss' Date: string:
>
>    Date: 2004-03-23T15:05:56+00:00
>
> because I get the default ``991231'' date in the summary buffer for
> every nnrss group. Should nnrss conform, or gnus-sum adapt? It'd be
> nice if the date field was useful in nnrss groups.

From http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GnusRss :

    You can read RSS feeds in CVS Gnus. In order to parse ISO 8601
    dates correctly, you need a trivial patch to timezone.el which is
    part of EmacsCvs* [...]

[*] http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/emacs/emacs/lisp/timezone.el?rev=1.31

--
Johan Bockgård