Hi, >>>>> In >>>>> Reiner Steib <4.uce.03.r.s@nurfuerspam.de> wrote: > Hi, >>from time to time I noticed that my (main) score file gets corrupted. > It's happens very rarely (once in several weeks or months) and I don't > know how to reproduce it. Well, can you reproduce it by setting `(setq print-length 1)'? As far as I heard, that variable (and possibly print-level) tends to be altered for some unknown reason. > It's not a big problem for me (just copy the backup from yesterday), > but maybe someone has an idea? > Here's a shortened version of the diff between the backup file and the > corrupt one. Note the bogus lines containing the string "...)": I have no confidence, but it seems that print-length and also print-level should be bound to nil in the gnus-score-string function as follows: (If it is right, such a problem won't occur even if print-length is set to any number.)