Hi, >>>>> In >>>>> Nevin Kapur wrote: > Trying to access my IMAP server, Gnus failed with the following > backtrace. It looks like preview-latex defines set-buffer-multibyte > in XEmacs and imap-disable-multibyte calls it resulting in the error. > I'm not sure whose bug this is so I'm sending this to both lists. > Signaling: (invalid-function (macro . # set-buffer-multibyte(nil) > imap-open("jesse.mts.jhu.edu" nil nil nil " *nnimap* jesse") > nnimap-open-connection("jesse") The problem is that the macro `set-buffer-multibyte' is defined at run-time, but it is not available at the Gnus compile-time. IMHO, since the function `set-buffer-multibyte' is a Lisp function in FSF Emacs, prv-xemacs.el should define it as also a function, not a macro. Here is a patch for imap.el: