Hi, You probably see no X-Faces in this article. The truth is that Gnus should display two X-Faces; one is in the above header, another is in the following rfc822 part. What has occurred is that the `article-display-x-face' function displayed the X-Face in the rfc822 part and put the `xface' entry in the `gnus-article-wash-types' variable at the first time, so the function removed that face image at the second time. There's a solution in the following part. I'd like to do so in the CVS repository if there aren't better ideas. Though I think using the `post-command-hook' is not rather well-mannered, who reads articles non-interactively? :-p In addition, I'd also like to change the `article-display-face' function so that it can toggle displaying Faces. How do you think about them? By the way, I currently have no idea to toggle displaying Faces in rfc822 parts. Though it may not be impossible, it will scarcely be in demand. P.S. Is it nonsense if there are two or more Face headers?