* feature request
@ 1996-12-09  4:09 St. Suika Roberts
From: St. Suika Roberts @ 1996-12-09  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

	IWBNI one could save the status of the current newsgroup and
the rest of the changes to the .newsrc.eld file from the summary
buffer.

Basically the same thing as `gnus-group-save-newsrc' only it saves the
current status of the current group as well.

I personally would really like this because a lot of the time I spend
four or fifteen minutes generating a summary buffer, kill off/read a
lot of things, then have either the server, the host I run emacs off
of, or the terminal itself go non-funtional.  If there was a
`gnus-summary-save-newsrc' command, I would be able to either remember
to run it every now and again when things are getting flakey, or call
it when things start failing.  Won't prevent the anoyance of reading
300 articles, then having things crash before I exit the group, but it
should lessen it's frequency.

Thank you for your time,
      Suika
--
		wrobert2@mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
"The dew fell with a particularly sickening thud this morning."

* Feature request
@ 2005-10-16 17:28 David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2005-10-16 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

When Gnus fails to open a server, it's often because of some temporary
connectivity problem that I can easily correct.  I have found that I
always have to answer `y' to the query about whether to take the
server offline, or Gnus (at least the nnimap backend) gets horribly
confused.  Then I have to fix the problem, put the server back online,
and retry.  I'd like Gnus to give me a yes/no/retry option when asking
about taking the server offline.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

* feature request
@ 1998-01-20 10:12 Rolf Marvin B|e Lindgren
From: Rolf Marvin B|e Lindgren @ 1998-01-20 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have entered the work force.  consequently, I don't have time to do
nothing any more, at least not as often as before.

I've thougt of one solution to this which might solve the problem for
me.  if Gnus had an option to expunge all posters or subjects that
_don't_ have a _positive_ score, the load might just be manageable.

can something similar to this be done already?  what do other proles do
about this?

--

       Rolf Lindgren           |       "The opinions expressed above are
       Sofienberggt. 13b       |        not necessarily those of anyone"

* feature request
@ 1996-09-11 13:36 David Lebel
From: David Lebel @ 1996-09-11 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Hello,
	When forwarding a message (using C-c C-f), it would be nice,
if the original encoding scheme would be including in the
message/rfc882 enclosure.  That's because, since I'm french speaking,
I use ISO-8859-1 character set all day long, and I forward quite often
mails to other people, and they are getting quoted-printable encoded
enclosure.  In fact, maybe make it configurable, since some viewers
doesn't understand message/rfc882, maybe let the user configure it to
text/plain might be a good idea.

	I know I already asked for this, but it seems to me like a
very important feature.  Steven Baur suggested a while back that it
might also be good to include the encoding scheme when bursting
digests (that keeps them).  While it be included in the TODO? :-)
Please! :-)

	Ciao,
	...David

--
// d a v i d  l e b e l  <lebel@socom.com>       http://superdave.socom.com/
// analyst / system administrator / hacker          socom technologies, inc.

* feature request
@ 1996-07-23 12:31 David Lebel
From: David Lebel @ 1996-07-23 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

	would it be nice, in Topic mode to have the ability to add
some extra spaces between certain entries?  What I would like is to
have some blank lines inserted between my mail and news groups so it
even easier to spot them when in topic mode.  Eventually, if we could
just setup the page in a way that we can exactly put what we want
where we want;  like in a page layout system.

	What do ya think?

	...David

--
// d a v i d  l e b e l  <lebel@socom.com>      http://www.socom.com/~lebel/
// analyst / system administrator / hacker          socom technologies, inc.

* Feature request
@ 1996-07-23  8:30 Richard Taylor
From: Richard Taylor @ 1996-07-23  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

How about adding a group parameter that allows articles over a certain
age to be compressed. Then I could set limits that first compressed
articles and then later expired them.

Just a thought.

Richard

--

			------------------------------
Richard Taylor, N129, DRA Malvern, St Andrews Rd, Malvern, Worcs. WR14 3PS. UK.

* feature request
@ 1996-03-11 18:46 Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 1996-03-11 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm tired of getting mail messages that look like:

From: "Fred van Dijk" <FRED@scintilla.utwente.nl>
Subject:       sub/unsub requests unprocessed by listserver
Date:          Fri, 8 Mar 1996 22:10:21 +0100

(note the extra spaces in the Subject line)

These generate summary buffers like:

E     0 [  21: Fred van Dijk       ] 1       sub/unsub requests unprocessed by listserver
      0 [  33: SmartList           ] 1 accept2 and rc.custom
      0 [  25: Andy Rowan          ] 1 Re: HT trigger digest by time? (not size)
!*    0 [  92: Stephen R. van den B] 1 Re: moderated lists?
      0 [  26: Tony Bowden         ] 1 Re: Silly Question...

It might be a good idea to look for and chop leading spaces in
necessary headers (are there any besides the subject?)...

Thanks,
Wes

* Feature request
@ 1995-12-15 11:24 Corny de Souza
From: Corny de Souza @ 1995-12-15 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I did not see this on the todo list, and I dio not know if it made it
to sgnus......

Is there any way to get the head thread makrked/highlighted if an
article in its sub thread is scored highly and sub threads are hidden?

Solution suggested by Vladimir Alexiev <vladimir@cs.ualberta.ca>

%z (zcore, which is +- indication of score) is good enough; let's not
create separate versions for "article score" and "thread score". The
default (or selectable behavior) should be that when threads are hidden,
the root displays the thread score instead of its own (as already
suggested). When the thread is shown, the root should display its own
score.