Gnus development mailing list
* Gnus imap plain authentication
@ 2020-09-14  9:56 Kevin Shell
From: Kevin Shell @ 2020-09-14  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello list.

If imap server has no SASL-IR capability(imap.yandex.com),
Gnus with PLAIN authentication fails.
It seems that Gnus always sends: <tag> AUTHENTICATE PLAIN <base64code>
in one command.
But if imap server with no SASL-IR capability, Gnus authenticates fails.
In this case Gnus should sends with two commands.
 <tag> AUTHENTICATE PLAIN
 +
 <base64code>
Gnus does not implement this case.

--
kevin

* Re: Gnus imap plain authentication
@ 2020-09-14 12:02 ` 황병희
From: 황병희 @ 2020-09-14 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Gnus

Kevin Shell <kshell@gmx.com> writes:

> Hello list.
>
> If imap server has no SASL-IR capability(imap.yandex.com),
> Gnus with PLAIN authentication fails.
> It seems that Gnus always sends: <tag> AUTHENTICATE PLAIN <base64code>
> in one command.
> But if imap server with no SASL-IR capability, Gnus authenticates fails.
> In this case Gnus should sends with two commands.
>  <tag> AUTHENTICATE PLAIN
>  +
>  <base64code>
> Gnus does not implement this case.

[sorry for another comments]

Well i don't know detail in technical. However also i use
imap.yandex.com with <soyeomul@vladivostok.yw.doraji.xyz>.

#+BEGIN_SRC: emacs lisp
(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
	     '(nnimap "vladivostok"
		      (nnimap-address "imap.yandex.com")
		      (nnimap-server-port "imaps")
		      (nnimap-stream ssl)))
#+END_SRC

Above is quoting from my ~/.gnus. If you have some problem to login, try
to login again via web. Then Gnus can login to yandex without trouble.

Sincerely, Gnus fan Byung-Hee

--
^고맙습니다 _白衣從軍_ 감사합니다_^))//