* Feature request, new articles..
@ 1996-01-14 12:37 Andrew Eskilsson
From: Andrew Eskilsson @ 1996-01-14 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would be interested in some kind of 'new articles counter' that
shows me how many new articles that have dropped into that
newsgroup/mailbox since I read it last time, or how many new articles
in each group when I pressed 'G'...

	/andy

--
 Don't walk in front of me, I might be unable to follow you.
 Don't walk after me, I might be unable to lead you.

* Re: Feature request, new articles..
@ 1996-01-14 19:18 ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1996-01-14 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

AE> I would be interested in some kind of 'new articles counter' that
AE> shows me how many new articles that have dropped into that
AE> newsgroup/mailbox since I read it last time, or how many new articles
AE> in each group when I pressed 'G'...

Although, I don't think Gnus can show how many "new" articles have shown
up, you can at least set up gnus-group-line-format to display the number of
unread articles in a group (and a variety of other article counts as well).

--
Jack Vinson                   jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu
"Narf!" - Pinky               <http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/home.html>

* Re: Feature request, new articles..
@ 1996-01-16 17:48 ` Joe Hildebrand
From: Joe Hildebrand @ 1996-01-16 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

> "Andrew" == Andrew Eskilsson <mpt95aes@jupiter.pt.hk-r.se> writes:

   Andrew> I would be interested in some kind of 'new articles
   Andrew> counter' that shows me how many new articles that have
   Andrew> dropped into that newsgroup/mailbox since I read it last
   Andrew> time, or how many new articles in each group when I pressed
   Andrew> 'G'...

You might want to try "jangle", available from
<URL:http://www.fuentez.com/ding/>.

--
Joe Hildebrand                  Fuentez Systems Concepts
hildjj@fuentez.com              11781 Lee-Jackson Hwy, Suite 700