* nnml: wrong order of old articles
@ 2007-11-09 14:00 Ulf Stegemann
From: Ulf Stegemann @ 2007-11-09 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Gnus/5.110007 (No Gnus v0.7) XEmacs/21.4.20 (linux)

For some reason I've moved all messages from a nnml group to another,
freshly created group (effectively renaming the group). However, since
then, the order of the old articles is wrong: When I enter the group
with C-u RET everything's fine (but that's no fun with 7000+ messages),
all articles are presented in the correct order. When using something
like C-u 50 RET to enter the group, the summary buffer, although sorting
articles correctly, does present 50 articles but these are not the
/last/ ones ... neither according the article date found in the header
or NOV file not to the order in the NOV file nor to the timestamp of the
actual article file. The order of what Gnus thinks are the last files is
always the same. I've tried various things like re-generating the
NOV-files, touching the article files, changing the sort order but
without success. Can anyone tell me how to fix this strange behavior?

Regards,

Ulf

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-11-09 14:00 UTC | newest]