From: Ulf Stegemann <ulf-killthis@zeitform.de>
Subject: Problem with gnus-group-mark-group
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:42:04 +0100	[thread overview]

XEmacs 21.4 (patch 17) "Jumbo Shrimp" [Lucid] (i686-pc-linux, Mule)
No Gnus v0.3

I recently switched form Gnus 5.10.6 to No Gnus 0.3 and encountered a problem
when hitting M-g in a summary buffer (gnus-summary-rescan-group) or the
group buffer (gnus-group-get-new-news-this-group).

Each M-g produces an additional group entry in the group buffer leaving the
existing one(s) borked ("no group on current line" when trying to enter).

I was able to identify gnus-group-mark-group as responsible for the faulty
behavior. The function changed significantly since 5.10.6 and replacing No
Gnus' gnus-group-mark-group with the v5.10.6 version apparently fixed the
problem.

Unfortunately, my lack of time (and sufficient lisp knowledge, probably)
let's me hesitate to further investigate this issue. Maybe there's someone
out there who knows what the reason for the described behavior is?

Ulf