* Problem with group buffer
@ 2007-05-14  6:50 Ulf Stegemann
From: Ulf Stegemann @ 2007-05-14  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

No Gnus v0.7 (14 May 2007)
XEmacs 21.4 (patch 20) "Double Solitaire" [Lucid] (i686-pc-linux, Mule)
of Mon Dec 11 2006

With the latest Gnus CVS version as of today I encounter strange
behavior of the group buffer.  It seems that the buffer does not get
updated upon certain commands.  For example `gnus-group-catchup-current'
(c in the group buffer) has no immediate visible effects (change of
face, number of unread messages).  Furthermore, after catching up a group
in the group buffer I can go back to the group's line (which appears
totally unchanged) and get a "No group on current line" error with any
operation applied to that group (select group etc.).  However, the group
buffer updates correctly upon a `gnus-group-list-groups' (l).

Another strangeness appears with changing of group levels.  Applying
`gnus-group-set-current-level' to any group in the group buffer offers
to change the level (showing the current level correctly) but entering a
number n will always result in the message "Changed level of
/group-name/ from 10 to n".  However, all this has absolutely no effect.
The level of the group is unchanged.

I could imagine that both problems have the same cause and that there
are other oddities just not discovered, yet.  Since these are rather
severe problems I wonder if anyone else has encountered these or if it
may be a local problem with my installation.

Ulf

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-05-14  6:50 UTC | newest]