* "Can't read partial active file"
@ 2004-01-09 15:39 David Abrahams
From: David Abrahams @ 2004-01-09 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

After updating Gnus from CVS this morning and byte-recompiling it with
Gnu Emacs, when I start it up I get the following sequence of messages
in my *messages* buffer:

  Compiling format specs...
  Compiling user specs...done
  Reading c:/cygwin/home/dave/.newsrc.eld...
  Reading active file from www.stlport.com via nnimap...
  Cannot read partial active file from nnimap server.
  Reading active file from news.rcn.com via nntp...
  Opening nntp server on news.rcn.com...done
  Cannot read partial active file from nntp server.
  Reading active file from news.gmane.org via nntp...
  Opening nntp server on news.gmane.org...done
  Cannot read partial active file from nntp server.
  Checking new news...done
  No gnus is bad news
  No more unread newsgroups

And the groups display comes up looking wrong (lots of *s in the
left-hand column).  Any clues?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting