* Message: Can't select group
@ 1995-12-28 20:36 Lance A. Brown
From: Lance A. Brown @ 1995-12-28 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

What does this message mean?  I'm getting it on groups that I could
previously read.  It occurs when I try to enter a group with 0 new
articles waiting.

Thanks,
  --[Lance]

* Re: Message: Can't select group
@ 1996-01-03  9:22 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-03  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

labrown@dg-rtp.dg.com (Lance A. Brown) writes:

> What does this message mean?  I'm getting it on groups that I could
> previously read.  It occurs when I try to enter a group with 0 new
> articles waiting.

It can mean any number of things -- error reporting from the backends
isn't Gnus' strong point.  (I've got to get working on that.  Urgh.)

It usually means that there are absolutely no articles in the group,
though.

--
   Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen * larsi@ifi.uio.no
      (a red leaf that falls from the purple tree)