From: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
To: Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: [Edbrowse-dev] Javascript support
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 09:29:34 -0500	[thread overview]

> Agreed, though I'd probably use cpp as the file suffix
> and provide a js.h to isolate datatypes etc,

Yes to both. I forgot about the cpp suffix.

URLs

This one is out of date, obviously,
but you may be able to back up a directory and find source
for the various versions of sm js.
I use to build from source, before it was routinely bundled
in linux distros.

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/js-1.5.tar.gz

Documentation on the web here.

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Category:JSAPI_Reference

But that brings up another question ...
in the short run, just to keep things alive,
what if we built a static library libmoz185.a from its source,
put that binary in the edbrowse project,
and made a linked version of edbrowse with that.
That is not a long term solution, but it might keep debian going for a while.
I would have to ask Jean what he thought of this idea.
Course it would be better to go forward with jsdom.cpp and jsloc.cpp.

Those are new files so you could work on those locally,
and when they are ready for beta test we'll add them to the project.

Other patches that lay the foundation for this work,
such as js.h or changes to eb.h,
should be sent to me and Chris.
eklhad@comcast.net
chris@the-brannons.com
Chris is the maintainer of edbrowse at this time.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Karl Dahlke