From: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
To: Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: [Edbrowse-dev]   master
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 16:45:01 -0500	[thread overview]

Another often requested feature is imap,
something I've wanted to do for a while.
Don't know anything about it; I'd have to start with the rfc.
Or maybe there's an imap library that we could use.

> to increase the max limit on the number of lines

Sounds easy, but the line number is actually sprintfed into places with seven spaces,
with other characters around it,
so would take some rewriting to increase it.
I know, kind of a bad design, but 15 years ago who would imagine
wanting to store more than 10 million lines??
I can find the code in buffers.c and point it out,
or think about what it would take to modify.

> same for max line length

You realize that lines are arbitrarily long inside,
else you could not faithfully download a binary file.
The line length is just what is displayed,
and it can be changed by

linelength = 1000

in your config file.

Like Chuck, my distro doesn't seem to have any js packages beyond 185;
where can I get 24, and compiling from source is fine,
in some ways preferable.
Thanks.

Karl Dahlke