On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 08:06:34AM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote: > It is a bit intimidating how much dom work there is yet to do, > perhaps not just from the basic model but also from all the plugins. > Audio and video objects with properties etc. > When we move forward on this we'll probably have to > simulate somebody's dom in particular. > I see so much javascript that looks ad your navigator to figure out > who you are, then makes calls based on those objects. > So far everything I've done is universal and vanilla, > but as we move forward we have to make a conscious decision to look like > chrome or explorer or firefox or whatever. > It's going to be a lot of tedious work. > Of course there is also some universal stuff yet to implement as well. > Like the createElement appendchild etc, which are pivotal > for the future designs that I describe at the bottom of the README file. Yeah. As we're currently using spidermonkey it makes sense to me to implement our version of the firefox DOM since this'll also mean we get engine-appropriate js if there are any spidermonkey-specific work-arounds or optimisations used by websites independant of the DOM. As you say though, it'll be a *lot* of work to get right. Cheers, Adam.