On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 08:39:14AM -0700, Chris Brannon wrote: > Karl Dahlke writes: > > > Can you specify proxy exceptions within curl? > > Nope. > This will be a fun can of worms. > In corporate settings, the proxy you use may depends on the > URL you're trying to fetch. > See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_auto-config > It's going to be more complicated than just supporting exceptions. Whereas full PAC file support would be nice (and I'd like to see it in the future), at my $large_company at the moment I think I only need a sufficiently useful proxy selection mechanism. At the end of the day, if we can get a sufficiently powerful mechanism in place then we can do the js bindings to it. That being said, I'm all in favour of designing the mechanism properly so that supporting PAC files is just a case of a few js bindings. Also, doing it this way we can support both hard-coded and PAC file based proxy selection, which would be really useful in my opinion. Cheers, Adam.