This fixes some of the warnings emitted by a compiler, when -Wparentheses flag is used. For readability reasons I limited a scope of the patch to assignments used as a truth value, leaving out warnings over a precedence of logical operators. Example of a code, that the warning is emitted for: if (t = map) I was bit hesitant with sending a patch. How multiple parentheses affect readability of a code for users with screen readers? If this patch has negative impact, I wil understand if it isn't commited. Still diff is work looking alone for possible mistypes of an equality operator. Bellow is diffstat information regarding patch - first number describes inserted lines, second deleted lines, followed by filename. $ git diff --numstat 6 6 src/buffers.c 3 3 src/cookies.c 1 1 src/fetchmail.c 8 8 src/format.c 5 5 src/html.cpp 4 4 src/http.c 1 1 src/jsdom.cpp 2 2 src/jsloc.cpp 1 1 src/main.c 7 7 src/sendmail.c 7 7 src/stringfile.c 4 4 src/url.c -- Paul Onyschuk