On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 03:02:33PM +0200, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote: > The package has just been uploaded to experimental repo. It will be > available in some hours, to let the time mirror pool to see it. You can test > it yourself, of course, from experimental. Ok, will do. > > It builds properly with libmozjs24 which contains jsapi.h and what is > needed. However, I would like to inform you that this package is not > maintained so far, so the jsapi.h seems available rather in icedove-dev > package (which contains headers for icedove). It means that, for any > reasons, Edbrowse will not build properly against JS stack 31. I don't think > it's a problem for freeze, but maybe we should consider testing this to > prepare the future? I'm going to have alook at this, since at the last time of checking, the js 31 package (from experimental) contained a broken symlink in place of jsapi.h. Also, do you know of any docs for mozjs 31, as all docs on the mozilla website talk about mozjs 24. > After checking, freeze happens on November. So: > 1. Do you want now to work on compatibility with JS 31? > 2. Otherwise, I propose we wait end of September to be sure Edbrowse builds > on any architecture without problem. Next, you could release in 1st 15 days > of October. Then I could introduce the released package in sid (October, > 15th), and it willl go to testing (and be frozen) on Octoberb 25th. > Does it fit? Do you want a more restricted schedule? The timings sound fine to me provided the new edbrowse package runs correctly. Incidentally, I'd be interested to see how you built this as the last time I tried against a Debian packaged mozjs it segfaulted as soon as you attempted to run it. Cheers, Adam.