On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 03:28:25AM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote: > If we're not actively developing edbrowse, we fall behind, > and I have to admit that's pretty discouraging. > I stumbled upon this link quite by accident. > http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html > html4 has new ways, through the tag, > to put in images, including clickable images, which are essentially > hyperlinks and should not be ignored, > and music and videos and well almost anything, > into the html document, > and also into the javascript tree I'm sure, > and yet I barely recognize the tag at all, > and I'm sure I don't do anything with it. Do you mean html 5? I've been wondering about doing something about getting edbrowse to do html5 for a while, but work and life have somewhat got in the way. To be honest, I wonder if this isn't a good moment to seriously consider implementing a proper DOM and possibly work out how to plug in all the other things that we need to keep edbrowse usable in the increasingly js-heavy internet environment. I'm particularly thinking of ajax etc which are increasingly used, as well as all the possibilities of html 5 (which can be used to do things previously only done with flash and other such technologies). Any thoughts? Cheers, Adam.