On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 06:25:58AM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote: > After about ten minutes of reading, I'm almost convinced > we should switch to v8. > https://developers.google.com/v8/intro > The api just has to be cleaner than mozilla (he said somewhat on faith), > and there's an entire public domain dom on top of it in google chrome, > that we might be able to pilfer. > I was about to step through the download and build process, > just so I could play with it, but on a whim I typed in > yum install v8 > and here it comes, packaged with fedora 20. > Very likely it is available on your distro too. > So that saves us a few hours work and hassle, > and makes the path all the more plausible. Yeah, on debian I think there's a package, I'll install and play with it over the weekend. Tbh, having seen the way mozilla's api changes between releases, making it a maintainability nightmare, I'm ready to investigate another engine (I'd thought of v8 before but couldn't find a Debian package for it and didn't want to do the work myself). I'll also have a look at the api to see if it's worth changing. Cheers, Adam.