On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 02:29:11PM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote: > Honestly, it sounds like it adds a lot of work to a project that is already > a lot of work, and there's only three of us. > I think the goal is to have js not seg fault and not infinite loop, > and then there's no issue. Ultimately that'd be brilliant, but js is a powerful language, and without having the engine execute in its own process or thread, there's no easy way to monitor it since there are just so many ways of causing js-related problems. In addition, I like the idea of being able to switch buffers and get on with work whilst a page loads in another buffer, and it gives us a better mechanism of implementing js stuff which is genuinely time-critical (i.e. there are some pages I've used where ajax is used and a synchronous version just won't work due to values such as session keys timing out). It's going to be a lot of work to get right, but modern browsers are complex things, and edbrowse (with the extra functionality of a text editor and email client) is more so. However, if we want it to remain relevant, we'll need to handle this complexity some day or else fall further and further behind. Cheers, Adam.