On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 02:50:00PM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote: > Adam offers: > > I may have a go at plugging in the new code at some stage. > > Let me know if you want to take a whack at it. That would be great. > If not I may try it next week. Either is fine with me. Ok, I've pushed a couple of commits to start this process. Unfortunately currently this means things don't compile due to a couple of missing handler functions which I'm not sure how to implement. > struct tagInfo and htmlTag move back into eb.h. > In fact we won't need js.h at all. As did the associated enums. > Once the vital declarations move from js.h into eb.h, > change makefile so it doesn't refer to js.h or jsdom.cpp or jsloc.cpp. > Nor does it need the mozilla headers or libraries, > except for the target edbrowse-js, which builds properly today. It only built properly because everything c++ had these libraries, I've fixed that now. > And include edbrowse-js under all: Done. > struct htmlTag has the member jv, javascript variable, > which links this tag to the corresponding object in the js world. > currently HeapRootedObject jv; needs to be jsobjtype jv; Done, as well as changing a bunch of those in html.cpp. Also had to change ->jss to ->jcx (or remove where appropriate) in buffers.c. Wow this code got tangled up with the js stuff very quickly. > Rename createJavaContext1 to createJavaContext in ebjs.c > and similarly for freeJavaContext1. Done. > Remove the block at the top of ebjs.c that is there just for stand alone > compilation. Done (I think). > Generate the prototypes for ebjs.c, I can do it with my tool if you like, > and put them into eb.p. > We won't need ebjs.p any more. Done, and ebjs.p is no more. > Many of these functions are plug in replacements for the old functions. > get_property_string(object, name) > it does what it did before. > So I'm hoping it is an easy process from here. > Put it all together and build the new edbrowse. Got stuck on this one, see above note about the handler functions. Cheers, Adam.