* [Edbrowse-dev] various
@ 2014-12-30 15:38 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2014-12-30 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> Why don't you do a head request before the get?

This won't help for ftp, where I really have to see the first data block
before I can ask the user and establish the download.
I could just abort the download and start it again into the file.  Yuck.
Or just not put it in the background, since as I say,
I don't think that's a big plus.
I've got 11 other consoles to play with.
Personally I'd rather keep it foreground and see the progress dots.
Playing with it a bit, I really miss the dots.
We don't have to do everything the way other browsers do.
I guess I would vote to scrap the background part.
The real plus here is sending data straight to disk,
especially when files are significantly larger than ram.

> I pushed a change to allow expansion of env variables etc for non-existant
> file names when writing or setting the file name.

Hmmm. That's not how it worked before, but I imagine it's how
most people would want it to work.
Maybe I'm odd but I never ran into this situation
in all the years of using edbrowse.

> I'd say delete it now, since it appears to work

Done.

> I've pushed a small change to enable history in readline input mode.

I don't know anything about readline, so can't comment.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] various
@ 2014-12-30 16:14 ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2014-12-30 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)