* [Edbrowse-dev] background list
@ 2015-01-11 14:11 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-01-11 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

As per your request, the bgl command lists the background downloads
that you have issued, and gives their status, complete, in progress, or failed.
I can make changes to this command, in its function or its format.
I probably won't use it myself, so I don't have strong feelings about it.

Karl Dahlke

* [Edbrowse-dev]  background list
@ 2015-01-12 23:51 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-01-12 23:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> Another request would be a way to stop a download,

It could certainly be done - send that process the suspend signal.
I'm just curious why you might want to do this.
I download one or two large images a year, but maybe that's just me.
I couldn't imagine having several downloads going all at once
and starting and stopping some of them on a whim.
Also not sure at all if the server is terribly happy about a download
that is paused for more than a couple minutes.
I suspect that when you tried to resume it the server would have timed out.
I know this is the case for ftp.
I've seen the "data transfer timeout" parameter
in my ftp server's config file.
In fact, /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf (on my machine) currently has

data_connection_timeout=120

Pause for 2 minutes and my server would terminate the download.

Karl Dahlke