* [Edbrowse-dev] bgl command
@ 2015-01-15 15:38 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-01-15 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

> I was also wondering if it'd be possible to have a message if you try and quit
> with a download in progress,

Probably yes. But if you quit, the downloads continue.
At least they do on my system, I tested it.
And you still get the download complete messages when they are done.
That is what you would want.
edbrowse is not the process group leader, that is the shell,
so when edbrowse dies its children need not die.
All that being said, it would be nice to get notice,
as edbrowse leaves the building,
that you still have downloads in progress.

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] bgl command
@ 2015-01-17  6:07 ` Adam Thompson
From: Adam Thompson @ 2015-01-17  6:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Dahlke; +Cc: Edbrowse-dev

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 10:38:07AM -0500, Karl Dahlke wrote:
> > I was also wondering if it'd be possible to have a message if you try and quit
> > with a download in progress,
>
> Probably yes. But if you quit, the downloads continue.
> At least they do on my system, I tested it.
> And you still get the download complete messages when they are done.
> That is what you would want.
> edbrowse is not the process group leader, that is the shell,
> so when edbrowse dies its children need not die.
> All that being said, it would be nice to get notice,
> as edbrowse leaves the building,
> that you still have downloads in progress.

Agreed. It'd also be nice to have a way to cancel a background download from
within edbrowse (yes I could do this with ps, kill and a bit of guess work,
but a command'd be much nicer).

Cheers,
Adam.

* [Edbrowse-dev] bgl command