* [Edbrowse-dev] version philosophy
@ 2015-02-06 14:34 Karl Dahlke
From: Karl Dahlke @ 2015-02-06 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse-dev

Yes this is primarily a question of philosophy.
Should the version number of edbrowse change
just before a new version is stamped in git, or just after?
Example, anyone following us by git pull, and there are a few brave souls
doing that, will see version 3.5.2, but it isn't really 3.5.2,
that version was set in stone a few months ago.
It's really 3.5.3 in progress.
Or maybe 3.5.2x (experimental), or some such.
Any thoughts?

Karl Dahlke

* Re: [Edbrowse-dev] version philosophy
@ 2015-02-06 18:38 ` Chris Brannon
From: Chris Brannon @ 2015-02-06 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

I'd say, just after we release, we should bump the version number, and
add a suffix like experimental or git.
At release time, we remove the suffix before tagging and generating a
tarball.  I've seen this done with other projects, and it seems good.

-- Chris