On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 10:21:42AM -0800, Tyler Spivey wrote: > I agree. Let the adapters do it. > You'll still have to transform things like “ but into their > unicode equivalents such as “. As someone who uses espeakup (which doesn't appear to support these characters by default) I agree, it's definitely time to let the adapters do this and give up transforming things like this in edbrowse. At the end of the day, with the increasing use of utf-8, people will need to get their speech software to work correctly with it at some stage (I know I'm regularly running into this with other command line software). Cheers, Adam.