On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 02:25:37PM -0800, Chris Brannon wrote: > Adam Thompson writes: > > > As someone who uses espeakup (which doesn't appear to support these characters > > by default) I agree, it's definitely time to let the adapters do this and give up > > Yep, this is probably a task best left to the adapter layer. I would be > fine with scrapping the translation in edbrowse or making it > configurable. As the one who mentioned the case of adapters which don't support this, I think it'd be better just to scrap these transformations in Edbrowse. I say this on the basis of consistancy, i.e. if I browse a web page I get the transforms, however if I edit a UTF-8 text file I don't. This is not that nice imho; I'd rather just have to make my adapter behave. Cheers, Adam.